Mark AJ6CU has added an updated version of the KD8CEC Nextion code for the 5″ screens (Basic and Enhanced) to the files sections of GROUP IO BITX20 list. (Only the 5″ Enhanced has been tested, as he doesn’t have a 5″ basic screen to test with. This work is an extension to the “heavy lifting” already done by Joe Puma (KD2NFC).
Mark couldn’t help himself and did some “improvements” to the user interface that you may or may not like. He has included the HMI file in the directory as well, so you can adapt it how you would like it to look if you know how to edit HMI files.
If you have a 7″ or 9″ screens, you should be able t load up the HMI, set the device to match your screen and regenerate the TFT file. If you have one of these larger screens and can’t figure it out, it is suggested you contact Mark.
Files: AJ6CU Nextion 5-inch files/5inch June 10
A summary of major changes that were made to Joe’s original effort”
- Home page
- Correction of scale for histogram (have more space, so let’s use it!)
- Addition of direct access to memory STO/LOC screens (had to eliminate the Radio tower logo, sorry)
- In case you had not noticed, the button to get “Home” was in various locations, although not done, I am in the process of moving it to a consistent place (upper right)
- Scaling changes to Bandscan and Spectrum
- Various pages required you to hit “read” or “refresh” to go get the data. I made this happen on page entry. Kept the refresh button as this seems to be a little flakey.
- Tried to introduce a consistent color scheme. Blue background, white letters where you can change, yellow for titles.
- All screens (except home screen) will eventually have the name of screen in upper right in red.
- Button pushes go green when pushed and return to grey when released
- Added a few more scrollbar slider sizes so that the slider fit the slide bar better.
- Frequency entry (touch the middle 3 numbers on home page) is now a little more obvious. When you are in direct frequency entry, you only see numbers, When you are in Band select, you only see the bands.
- Memory to VFO redesigned. Seemed easier to use for me.
- VFO to Memory – Mark still doesn’t like this one. He would like to make it more like Memory to VFO where you can see all 10 memory slots and then select the one you want to overwrite. For now, he has just replaced the keyboard with a standard one that pops up when you click in the name and some fancy arrows to spin the mem#.
- Although it is against his better judgement, he did make available KD8CEC’s debug screen. Tried to warn you off, but i am sure someone will do something awful to his/her poor ubitx using this screen. 😉
- CW setup screen redesign (and it automatically fetches data on startup)
There are some issues remaining … The biggest issue being that when you go into a submenu (e.g. CW setup/MemtoVFO, etc.) the Spectrum Histogram in lower left corner doesn’t always automatically restart.
If you change any control VFO/Freq, mode, etc.) it restarts.
This is going to be a pain to debug because of the extensive use of timers and state machine in the Nextion code…. Would welcome anybody that can make a suggestion here.
I have also not tested it on a Basic 5″. There may be performance issues, especially since the scale of the graphs has increased.
Mark says there is still lots of work, as he also wants to get rid of some of thebackground pictures in the control screens that really don’t match the others. The bandscan is something he would really like to “adjust” because it is really not obvious how it works. And perhaps even a “?” in upper right of some screens for a little help? He plans to put together another update shortly.