A new version ofSP Bhatnagar VU2SPF firmware for the low cost MCUfriend TFT with Touchscreen based VFO + BFOs is out now along with an illustrated manual.
This version (3.1cU) provides the following new features:
- a row at the bottom to set / adjust both BFOs
- PTT type selection (Toggle or Normal)
- auto Time out duration setting
- individual offsets for each band
- Touch Sensitivity
- Lower and Upper limits for displays of S-meter and Power meter.
It continues to provide:
- 3 VFOs (A/ B and Memory -100 channels)
- Direct Band selection
- LSB/USB setting
- Setting the frequency change step size from 1 Hz to 1 MHz
- exchange of frequency between VFO and Memory
- saving all parameters on demand
- split frequency operation
- auto band Up /Down scanning and CAT control
This system uses a standard Arduino Mega board with compatible MCUFriend type TFT / Touch shield and either a standard Si5351 breakout board or one designed specifically for it to replace the Raduino board.
This combination makes it very simple to assemble in a short time.
Please note that this system is only for experimenters who have some practical experience with Arduino and the relevant hardware and are keen to learn. There is no ready-made kit as of now and all information is already available on our blog and on Github.
If there is someone willing to kit it for ham friends Raj would be only too happy to assist.