John VK2ETA has uploaded two updates of his Raduino firmware and ATU firmware in the folder: Variations on KD8CEC Software (by VK2ETA) + ATU sketch .
This firmware is targeted at portable and /PM operations. John doesn’t plan to add much in the way of further features unless they are of value to portable operations.
If you want to use sections of code in your projects, follow the #ifdef/#endif segments that mostly enclose the sections of code of interest. John is happy to help with extraction of code if requested.
The software is organised in options that can be enabled/disabled (mostly) independently.
The key features added in this version are:
1. Reduction in libraries size by 1K byte (this allows for more features to be added in the limited memory of the Arduino).
2. Added a “Stock Standard” option for unmodified rigs wired as per HF Signals instructions.
3. Added a two adjustable levels supply voltage monitor with visual and audio indication. Level two will disable TX to protect the battery.
4. Added the WSPR beacon option from KD8CEC software version 1.061.
5. Changed logic for CW modes: frequency displayed is carrier frequency, with Rx frequency shifted up or down (CWL / CWU).
6. In split modes, the VFO A/B label and frequency change when going from Rx to Tx.
7. RIT display: frequency is kept fixed, RIT is now shown as +/- frequency difference.
8. Added ALC levels for MAX level too. Used to be no attenuation.
The second update is part of his approach to continuously look for program size reduction to have as many features as possible concurrently in the Nano’s memory. Inspired by Ian Lee’s KD8CEC version 1.701, he has included a modified version of his TinyLCD library. Compared to the complete default LiquidCrystal library this cut down version saves 452 bytes of program flash memory. He has made this code into an object oriented class so it can be easily retrofitted into other projects as there were only two lines of code to change.