Ian KD8CEC has formally released version 1.08 of his firmware. This the first major release since 1.061, although there have been a number of Beta versions in between that many constructors will have donwloaded.
Some key features in this version include:
1.Receive performance is improved compared to the original firmware or version 1.061
2.ATT function has been added to reduce RF gain (This shifts the 45Mhz IF passband down the slope of the filter giving an attenuator effect).
3.Added the ability to connect an inboard or outboard SDR unit after the 45MHz roofing filter (A low cost RTL-SDR is available that can be controlled by computer software providing a full SDR receiver)
4.Added ADC Monitoring in CAT communications
5. Supports several LCD variants including:
- 16×02 Parallel LCD – i.e. LCD equipped with µBITX
- the 16×02 LCD display configured to use I2C
- 20×04 Parallel LCD with existing wiring in the µBITx
- 20×04 LCD display configured to use I2C
- Two 16×02 LCD displays configured to use I2C (Dual LCD mode)
6.Added extended switch support (up to 6 switches can be incorporated on your front panel to control various rig functions).
7. S Meter support – Any S-meter should be compatible. The S-Meter will work on 2 or 4 line displays.
8.Added S-Meter Setting Assistant to uBITX Manager
9.Add recovery mode (that incorporates Factory Reset)
The pictures below show two different displays in operation on the rig:
There have been many other improvements and fixes. More information is available on Ian’s Hamskey blog.
Please see the link below for details of the release version of the software:
You can download HEX file and uBITX Manager from the link above. You can also download the source code at https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx and see all the changes I’ve made so far. If there is a non-critical bug in the public version, Ian will link to the new firmware from his blog.
A new version of the CEC firmware manual is anticipated shortly.